Basic Sea Kayaking Course - Seattle
04/23/14 (Wed) - 11/30/14 (Sun)
Seattle Sea Kayaking
Seattle Mountaineers Program Center
Member: $225.00 / Non Member: $300.00
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Equipment used in coastal kayaking.
- Cold water and how to dress for it.
- Sea conditions: weather, waves, tides and currents.
- Navigation: Charts, aids to navigation, communication and marine rules of the road.
- Rescues and the importance of teamwork.
- Paddling and maneuvering skills and the effects of wind, waves and current on boat behavior.
- Physical conditioning.
- Protection of the marine environment.
- Just how much Fun! this really is.
Seattle Sea Kayaking Basics Course Description: To most of the world, the Puget Sound (US&Canada) is the Rainier and Yosemite of kayaking. It’s an incredibly beautiful combination of sea, sky, currents, ocean, wildlife and beaches, and home to a huge community of friendly paddlers. Come join us and learn how to explore the Sound!
We’ll take you through the basics of sea kayaking in three classroom sessions on consecutive Wednesday evenings. Between classes 1&2 you’ll have... More